The HWEA Constitution & Bylaws were last revised in May 2018. The 2018 HWEA Constitution and Bylaws can be viewed here. Major changes in the 2018 document are listed below:
- Simplify Membership classifications to match WEF in perpetuity.
- Separate Secretary-Treasurer position and duties (Secretary is entry position).
- Increase Board to 7 members.
- Add Vice-PWO position description.
- Add duties and function of immediate Past President.
- Give President ability to Sunset committees that are no longer viable.
- Nomination Committee should be headed by Past President.
- Define Standing committee.
- Added Special committees.
- Added Outer Island committees.
- Give Board ability to vote by e-mail as long as all board members vote.
The previous version of the HWEA Constitution & Bylaws was adopted on May 9, 2014. This version can be downloaded as a PDF here. The HWEA Constitution & Bylaws are also included within the HWEA Reference Manual as Appendix B.
The 2015-2016 HWEA Reference Manual can be downloaded here. This manual is intended to provide information for the reader’s/participant’s reference regarding the organization and business affairs of the association. As this information may become outdated from time to time, the contents of this manual should be reviewed and amended annually before the start of the new fiscal year.